Visiting a college is the best way to find out if it is the right place for you! At the University of Minnesota, Morris we believe when you visit our campus, you will quickly see why it is simply an excellent choice. To demonstrate our commitment to the importance of visiting Morris, we are pleased to offer a campus visit travel reimbursement. It’s hard to beat a deal that lets you visit a great school and have some of your expenses paid! Here are the details and criteria about this outstanding offer:
- Must be admitted to the University of Minnesota, Morris before visiting campus.
- Offered to out-of-state student campus visitors whose permanent home location is at least 350 miles from campus and in the United States. (Subject to verification).
- Students are encouraged to travel to campus prior to May 1 of the year that the student begins college. Students visiting campus between September 15 and May 1 will be eligible for the reimbursement on a fund-available basis. Travel after May 1 will not be considered; travel to campus to attend the Morris New Student Registration or Orientation is not eligible.
- This is a one-time only travel reimbursement.
- Up to $500 will be reimbursed for actual transportation costs incurred (e.g., bus, plane, shuttle, and/or rental car expenses); lodging, meals, and tips not included.
- Reimbursement is limited to the student traveler’s expenses only.
- Certain restrictions may apply. The program may be altered at any time.
- Speak with your Admissions Counselor or our Visit Coordinator to request a reimbursement for your upcoming travel.
- All receipts must be provided (airline/bus ticket, etc). Mileage will be calculated by the Morris campus and will be reimbursed after your travel has been completed.
Traveling by airplane
Students will be reimbursed for airline flight, airport shuttle, and/or rental car expenses to Morris. A student must submit a used, official airplane boarding pass, rental car and/or shuttle receipt to receive the reimbursement. Expenses for travel between the student's home and the airport are not covered.
Traveling by bus
Students will be reimbursed for the actual expense of the bus ticket only. The student's used bus trip receipt must be submitted with the reimbursement form.
Traveling by car
Students traveling to Morris in a personal car will be reimbursed for mileage from the student's home to the Morris campus. The actual mileage and the per mile reimbursement rate will be calculated by the Morris campus. The mileage reimbursement will not exceed $500.
All receipts must be turned in with this form and will be verified by the University of Minnesota, Morris before payment is rendered. Call the Office of Admissions at 1-888-866-3382 today to schedule your visit, or if you have questions regarding the Morris travel reimbursement.